When starting a business, there are a lot of things you need to think about. After you launch your website, secure a stock of high-quality products, and make sure that your products or services are as good as they can be, it’s time to think of the most important aspect of a business.
That, of course, are customers. Let’s face it, no matter how hard you try to make other aspects of your business perfect, all of that will be for nothing if you don’t have a loyal customer base that will always keep coming back for more. So how exactly can you reach and secure customers?
Be active on Instagram
Using social media is one of the easiest ways to attract a customer base, but with so many platforms, it’s hard to choose just one. One of the best choices is Instagram, which has over 1 billion monthly users.
If you’ve never used social media to expand your customer base, you’re probably not sure how to do it. However, it’s as simple as following these four steps:
- Define your target audience. If you aren’t sure who you want as a customer, you won’t know who to target. The best tactic is to review your Instagram and website analytics to see what kind of buying decisions your followers make when they’re on your website, and then you can create customer personas.
- Practice social listening. It’s essential to observe what your consumers are saying about your brand, as it allows you to learn more about your target audience and engage with them. This type of observing and monitoring what people are saying about you on social media is called social listening.
- Organize contests. Online giveaways are one of the most popular types of content businesses can post on social media, and they’re used to attract a wider audience. Just make sure you post strict rules about the contest and offer your products as rewards.
- Post relevant content. If you already have your own website content, you can repurpose it into something that will work for Instagram. Whatever you post, it needs to be engaging and attention-drawing such as an interesting infographic, product pictures, and videos.
Finally, you need to realize that you can’t post whenever you feel like it. You need to have a carefully planned out schedule for all of your posts, which you can easily create with a tool such as an Instagram feed planner. Thanks to the AI this tool uses, you can learn the best times for scheduling and use them to reach your audience more effectively.
Use a business intelligence tool
Business intelligence tools are used to analyze, manage, and visualize business data. More and more companies are using these tools to gain a competitive edge, and the business intelligence market is predicted to reach $33.3 billion by 2025.
In other words, you can be sure that at least some of your competitors are using a business intelligence tool to create both short-term and long-term business strategies. And if you don’t incorporate this software, your company won’t be able to keep up with the ones that do.
There are multiple benefits to incorporating a business intelligence tool, and some of them include:
- Fast and accurate reporting. Your tool will provide customized reports and templates your employees can use to monitor KPIs, which will be easy to do thanks to a variety of data sources. These reports will provide relevant data that will allow you to make business decisions more quickly.
- Valuable insights. You can monitor performances such as employee productivity and overall success to uncover the organization’s strengths and weaknesses and see what’s working and what isn’t.
- Competitive analysis. Since your BI tool has the ability to manage and manipulate a large amount of data, it allows you to forecast trends and budget for them. You can also use the tool to track your competitors’ marketing and sales performance to adjust your own strategy and gain an edge over them.
- Increased customer satisfaction. With the help of a BI tool, you can better understand your customers’ behaviors and patterns, which will allow you to predict their needs much better. And when you know what your customers want and need, you’ll be able to increase customer satisfaction.
As for which tool you should use, there are many options. ZoomInfo is one of the most popular BI tools, but it’s fairly expensive. You should consider a Zoomlnfo alternative which offers the same or similar features at a lower price to save money and yet keep the efficiency at a high level.
Leverage your existing network
Your existing customers are one of the most valuable assets your business has, especially if they’re loyal and repeat customers. And if you play your cards right, you can get much more from these customers besides their loyalty.
They can help you expand your customer base with almost no effort on your part, all through the power of word of mouth. Word of mouth marketing has been around for as long as anyone can remember, and the reason why it’s so successful is very simple. If your products and services are high-quality, your clients will probably talk about them. But if you want to make sure you can also gain from word of mouth marketing, you need to start a referral program. These programs have become standard practice with many businesses and are widely successful.
People trust businesses that were recommended to them by someone they know. In fact, as much as 92% of consumers trust referrals from people they know. Referred customers are also much more valuable than non-referred ones.
To draw people to their referral programs, businesses usually offer an incentive, which usually comes in the form of a discount, free shipping, points, or anything else consumers consider valuable. Every time someone brings someone new to your business, you reward them with the incentive.
Get reviews and testimonials for your website
The importance of customer reviews is very high nowadays, as they help build trust. Nobody will trust your business unless they read a number of positive reviews and testimonials from previous customers. However, when your company is still in its early stages, it can be hard to get these reviews.
If none of your happy customers leaves reviews and testimonials about their experience with your company, you should simply ask them to do so. After someone has purchased from you multiple times and knows your business is legitimate, send them an email to ask them to post a review on your website and on social media to get the word across.
To prove these testimonials are legitimate, you can include the full name and the picture of the person who wrote it, as well as their occupation if that’s relevant to the product you’re selling. As the number of reviews on your website keeps growing, so will your credibility, and if anyone were hesitant to buy from you, they would be reassured your company is trustworthy.
A big base of loyal and secure customers is what keeps every business profitable, and you can’t hope to succeed without the people who always come back for more. Reaching new customers can be hard sometimes, but customer acquisition doesn’t have to be a chore if you know how to approach it.
As long as you use the techniques you just read about, you can be sure that new people will always discover your business.