Instagram is an incredible platform for selling products. I find it visually stunning, and the place where my ideal customers spend a lot of time.
Who am I kidding? It’s where everyone’s ideal customers spend time! As the third most popular social media network with over a billion users, it’s one of the most incredible places to tell your brand’s story.
The success I’ve had as a business selling through Instagram has been mind-blowing, and I want to share some of my favorite tips with you. Since you’re new to selling on IG, there are ways to get more people to buy what you offer more frequently.
Trust me when I say that it’s not all work and no play, either! Building a buzzworthy brand on Instagram is a lot of fun. You’ll see what I mean shortly!
Getting to Know the Competition Intimately
You know how you spend time following your favorite celebrity’s every move in hopes of learning more about their behavior? You’ll do the same with your brand’s competition. I find that checking out what they’ve got going on is integral to your success.
You don’t need to be an expert about your rival, but you do want to see what’s working well for them. It clues you in on what your target audience loves and loathes about a brand. That way, you’re able to avoid the potential pitfalls that make some companies obsolete after a short amount of time.
The most important things to pay attention to are:
- Interactions with Followers. Are they treated like a trusted friend whose opinion matters? That’s where you’ll stand out. You’ll know the difference between authentic interactions with followers and contrived ones. And to increase your audience, there are a few reliable ways to buy 10k Instagram followers.
- Ways They Hook Their Customers. Is it through the beautiful pictures they post or the way they’re always giving more of themselves to their followers? The more generous you are with your content, the better luck you’ll have to reel new customers in. FYI, you’re more likely to grab their attention if you focus on a single dominant color in your photos than a rainbow of colors, too (Source: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/instagram-stats).
- Hashtags and Current Trends. You’ll want to spend some time studying the hottest trends and hashtags so you can use them yourself. Your competition knows that #love is the most popular hashtag to use on IG. No one is judging you if you don’t know that fact already.
Now that you know what the competition is up to, you can come up with exciting new ways to reach your audience. Whether it’s by including more negative space in your photos or keeping your hashtag length between the optimal 21 to 24 characters, you’ve got options.
I know it’s a lot to take in at first, but once you’ve practiced what I’ve shared with you, you’ll be a selling machine on Instagram!
Tip 1: Take high-quality product photos
IG marketers say, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” and no statement has been more accurate than on the platform. Your photos say it all by telling your brand’s story. I found Shopify Instagram info, such as the blog titled “How to Sell More With Shopping on Instagram,” a valuable resource for all things IG-related, including how to take bomb photos.
Tip 2: Tag photos with your products in them
Give your products a shout out with product tags when you post. It’s an easy way to allow your followers to click on a tag and be taken to your catalog of products instantly. It sends them straight to your online storefront where they can buy, buy, buy!
Tip 3: Use Instagram Stories as a way to take your followers to your website
Business accounts with at least 10,000 followers can include a swipe-up link in their IG Stories. It’s one tool I use non-stop. It keeps my customers from having to ‘click here’ on their phones.
Tip 4: Show how your products can create the ultimate lifestyle for the customer
It’s your opportunity to shine. Make your brand unforgettable by styling it as part of the ideal lifestyle. When you tell a story through the content that you post, you’re drawing your followers in and encouraging them to invest in the life they want to live, so they avoid FOMO.
How to sell more products on Instagram: A recap
Pop quiz time! No, seriously, there’s not a lot to selling more products on Instagram. As a refresher, my tried-and-true tips are listed below for your viewing pleasure.
- Take high-quality product photos
- Tag photos with your products in them
- Use Instagram Stories as a way to take your followers to your website
- Show how your products can create the ultimate lifestyle for the customer
No hard fast rules are saying you can’t try different things to make your products stand out. I encourage you to pull out all stops the way that I have. Before you know it, you’ll be increasing your following exponentially and selling out of stock completely.